I have been called "busy bee", "iron lady lawyer", "Miss Whatever", "Miss Impossible", "Miss Kiasu", "SUMO",etc. the  names given to me thus far and none of which are reflective of the "ideal" mommy persona. BUT it is no excuse for any last minute planning for my kids birthday celebration. I am already planning the twins' birthday celebration 7 months in advance. Here's why:

(1) I love my kids very much
(2) There is no excuse for not celebrating the birth date of any child
(3) It is only once a year and will not make me a bankrupt (my wedding cost more.)
(4) Any event requires 90% planning, 10% execution . Therefore, planning in advance is crucial for a great celebration + securing the best caterer, venue etc
(5) Imagine how you would feel if no one cares that your birthday is coming up.
(6) Career and money come and go but your kids will love you no matter what EVEN without a career or money. OR even if you get fat and old :)
(7)It is a day which brings family together
(8) A day for friends to reunite
(9)The look on your kids face post birthday celebration = PRICELESS.
(10) Tell me , what else can top this :
  Me: Did you boys enjoy the birthday party?
  Twins: Nice.... Thanks mama +*hugz*

To all Mommies (and Daddies) who went out of their way to plan and celebrate their kids' birthday, i salute u :).